Emergency Dentistry Cambridge
Trusted, Timely Responses for Dental Emergencies
Harbor Dental Center is your go-to practice for top-notch emergency dental services in Cambridge. Our highly trained and experienced staff, led by Dr. Meredith Todd and Dr. Daniel Zemel, excel at providing long-term and straightforward solutions. Our compassion, empathy, and honesty mean we can provide customized treatment plans for every dental emergency. We offer same-day appointments when appropriate and a convenient voicemail service for after-hours inquiries. If your emergency does not require immediate interception, we'll schedule an early morning consultation the next business day. Our Cambridge dental emergency protocols also apply on weekends to the communities of Trappe, and Linkwood. Please contact us today for a comprehensive evaluation and treatment!
Benefits of Emergency Dentists
One of the benefits of emergency dentistry is that it reduces complications. Untreated dental problems not only spread to the rest of your mouth, but also affect your overall health. Our flexible appointment options improve your recovery chances through fast action. Our compassionate team uses tried and tested techniques to solve a variety of Dental Emergencies. The types of emergencies we can treat include broken teeth, swelling, bleeding gums and pulpal abscesses, painful bites, trauma from an accident, and inflammation. After a thorough examination, our team will implement emergency dental procedures such as root canal therapy, extraction, new fillings, and tooth reattachments. If you're not sure your case is an emergency, we are here to provide guidance.
Root Canal Therapy
Root Canal Therapy (RCT) is a procedure that saves your tooth by eliminating bacterial infection and preventing re-infection. We first create an access hole into the crown of the affected tooth.
Then we remove the infected pulp inside the canal and clean it with irrigation solutions and specialized tools. Once dry, we'll fill the canal with bacteria-fighting gutta-percha, then seal it with adhesive material. The final step involves fitting a crown after allowing it to heal. This procedure gives your new tooth a natural appearance and functionality.
You may need root canal therapy if you experience the following symptoms:
- Lingering tooth sensitivity to hot or cold food and drinks
- Inflamed, swollen, or bleeding gums
- Acute pain when you bite, chew, or put slight pressure on the affected tooth
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Tooth mobility, which feels like your tooth is loose
We Perform Necessary Extractions
When necessary, we perform tooth extractions as a last resort. We may remove extensively damaged or impacted teeth and when needed after an accident. Before the procedure, our team conducts an overview of your medical history and current health. It's crucial to inform Dr. Todd or Dr. Zemel if you have diabetes, liver disease, hypertension, heart problems, renal disease, or a compromised immune system. This information helps us take the utmost precautions while performing on our Cambridge dental emergency patients.
Common Dental Emergencies
It's vital to take precautionary measures after an accident or if you feel dental pain. If you exhibit the following signs, you may have a dental emergency:
- Tooth Pain and Sensitivity: This condition could be a sign of exposed dentin due to tooth decay or a chipped tooth. You can rinse your mouth with warm water and put a cold compress on your face to reduce any swelling.
- Abscess: An abscess is a clear sign of an infection that we treat through draining, extraction, or root canal therapy. Remedies to employ before your appointment include rinsing with warm saltwater and holding a cold compress against the affected area.
- Damaged or Lost Fillings: Our dentists treat this emergency by installing a replacement filling. Before coming for your appointment, you can reduce the pain with over-the-counter medication. Other remedies include rinsing with warm, salty water and temporarily covering it with store-bought dental material.
- Damaged or Missing Dental Crowns: If you experience damage to or lose your crown while eating nuts and other hard foods. Call us for an appointment. It's also advisable to eat soft food or drink liquids until it is restored.
- An Avulsed or Knocked-Out Tooth: Your quick action determines how fast we can save a knocked-out tooth. Be sure to visit us within 30 minutes to an hour after the incident. The first step is to gently pick up the tooth by the crown, then rinse gently with warm water. If possible, place it back in its socket and hold it in place with gauze. You can also put it in a small milk-filled container and bring it to our team.
Prompt Emergency Dentistry in Cambridge
Harbor Dental Center is your trusted practice for all your emergency dental needs. Dr. Meredith Todd, Dr. Daniel Zemel, and our entire team prioritize your comfort. We do our best to reduce your pain in the fastest way possible using the most advanced procedures. Our staff is renowned for our friendliness, empathy, and compassion in Cambridge, Trappe, and Linkwood. We also offer CareCredit as an additional option for financing your treatment. For some of the best service in dental emergencies Cambridge patients can make an appointment today to enjoy our full list of benefits!